Stories tell of a legendary solider who once waged war against the world. His name was Naked Snake, a.k.a. Big Boss, and the truth behind this legend will finally be told. The era is the 1970’s . Big Boss had stationed his “Soldiers Without Borders” in Colombia, South America, where he was approached by a visitor from Costa Rica, a “nation without a military”. In the wake of the Cuban Missle Crisis, as Latin America became a key to maintaining the power balance between East and West, Costa Rica had miraculously managed to maintain its peace and neutrality. However, in various regions of the country, a mysterious armed force seemed to be engaging in suspicious activities. Now, to preserve peace in this nation without a military, the “Soldiers Without Borders” move into action. In time, they would be known as the founders of “Outer Heaven”. Forge a new path and live the legend with Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker, the first official Hideo Kojima game on the PSP system.
- Replaying missions in Peace Walker earns players new stuff and experiences for Snake that can potentially change your experience. Also includes in-game sound synthesis technology will allow players to create songs / voices within the game.
- A true continuation of the franchise that started the stealth action genre, Peace Walker is the first title on the PSP system in which mastermind Hideo Kojima has fully taken up the reigns to direct, write, and design the game himself.
- Peace Walker may become arguably the deepest PSP game to be released as Kojima Productions anticipates an unrivaled experience on PSP.
- Tactical Stealth Action will be the core within an open-world design while the story evolves thru Ashley Wood artwork (a staple for the MGS franchise).
- 4 player Co-Op (a first for any Metal Gear Solid game) offering all-new Co-op Ring and “Snake Formation.” Allows for sharing of items, equipment, and health and lets one player take the lead so the others can focus on defense.